Once upon a time…
WPMovieLibrary was born on a hot, summer afternoon in august 2013. Writing a blog post about the evening’s movie we saw, came the idea of putting together some features to build a nice, simple and yet advanced movie managing tool that would fit a WordPress blog. A quick search on the Internet showed that, strangely enough, this had not been done yet, at least not the way we wanted it: extended, free and easy to use.
Almost a year passed, along with hundreds of hours of coding, before WPMovieLibrary was out for good. It’s been a long way, but it’s been a fun way, and we hope you’ll get as much fun using this plugin as we get working on it!
Why you should use it
Unlike pretty much all the existing WordPress plugins proposing similar features, WPMovieLibrary is totally free. Download, install, use.
And unlike pretty much all the existing WordPress plugins proposing similar features, WPMovieLibrary doesn’t work by scraping IMDb’s data.
WPMovieLibrary can import your movies using a simple list of titles. Import hundreds of movies to your library in a few clicks.
WPMovieLibrary is highly configurable and comes with Widgets and Shortcodes to empower your WordPress blog.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of WPMovieLibrary’s features:
- Completely free
- New Movie Custom Post Type
- One click metadata import
- One click images and posters download
- Select poster from a list of available posters
- Manage Movie Status
- Manage Movie Media
- Manage Movie Movie Rating
- Bulk edit Movie Ratings, Medias and Statuses
- Use Collection, Genre and Actor Custom Taxonomies to filter and organize your library
- Mass import using lists of movie titles
- Import Queue to easily import big collections in a couple of clicks
- Recent Movies, Most Rated Movies Widgets
- Movies by Status and Movies by Media Widgets
- Collections, Genres and Actors Widgets
- Archive pages for Taxonomies
- Plugin Custom Dashboard