WPMovieLibrary 2.0 Release Candidate
It’s (almost) alive! The first release candidate for WordPress Movie Library 2.0 is available on GitHub.
This RC1 implements pretty much everything planned for version 2.0, even though some features will be simpler than what we originally intended them to be. Version 2.0 brings a lot of changes in terms of internal mechanic as well as backend and frontend display, so we’d better lower our objectives to make sure everything goes smooth in the transition between version 1.x and version 2.0; features will follow up in future updates!
We’ve been saying this a lot lately, but it’s crucial that you test this new version before going live, and make backups of your database and files. Version 2.0 brings important changes that you want to test before anything.
That being said, here’s a non-exhaustive list of the features and improvements brought by v2:
- Complete reboot of the Settings Panel
- Movies available in search results
- Coutry names and languages translated
- Flags for production countries
- Metadata sorting and querying
- Movies Grid view
- Dedicated icon font
- Updated Admin Bar menu and metabox in editor
- List movies by metadata in Movies Widget
- New Language, Subtitles and Video Format details
- New Certification, Adult, Budget, Revenue, Tagline and Homepage metadata
Final version should be available next week when we’re done looking for bugs. Stay tuned!